Saturday, April 3, 2010

More on Opus Dei

Last week I posted Real Catholic TV's celebration of Opus Dei and its offerings as a solution to the formation crisis within the Catholic Church - along with my own "sed contra".  Today my colleague at Les Femmes posted a piece that disclosed that an Opus Dei Bishop Rogelio Ricardo Livieres Plano of the Diocese of Ciudad del Este, is giving shelter to Father Carlos Urrutigoity, founder of the now-disgraced Society of St. John.  Father Urrutigoity is himself a pederast.  Randy Engel, president of U.S. Coaltion for Life International, is the source of this information.  She is the author of Rite of Sodomy, a book that exposes the homosexual network that currently infests the clergy.  She echoes my beliefs that these organizations are cults.

She suggests that you contact Real Catholic TV.  I too encourage you to do so.  Let me give you a "heads-up".  I did that as I posted my own piece.  Immediately I was told that I and others were "spreading calumny", and that the first-hand testimonies of those cited by the Opus Dei Awareness Network (see right sidebar) were to be disregarded since they didn't agree with Opus Dei teachings.  (I have the emails that document all this)  Readers, that type of response is a sign that the responder may well be under thought-reform influence.  Take it with a grain of salt, and don't be inclined to disregard your own native intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.