Sunday, July 7, 2013

Another ADW Pastor Has Dissented From Church Teaching On Homosexuality

This past Tuesday I alerted my readers to the public disregard of Church teaching on homosexuality by the pastor of St John Vianney Church in Prince Frederick MD.  That post elicited quite a few comments, some of them with additional information regarding other problems.   I particularly want to thank the anonymous commenter of 7/5, 9:52PM.  He/she put forth a number of websites, including this one: http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com/2009/10/30/proequality-clergy-greatly-outnumber-the-antigay-variety-in-washington-dc/

Granted it is a liberal site, but I've no reason to doubt its accuracy as to its main subject matter: the so-called "Declaration of Religious Support for Marriage Equality".  The names of the signers are arranged alphabetically.  Signing this document is Msgr Jameson, rector of the Cathedral of St Matthew the Apostle.  Consider that this cathedral is the seat of the Archbishop of Washington: that is, Cardinal Wuerl.

How much more of this pestilence will make its stench known?  To be honest, if it exists we need to know about it so let it come to light.  When it does, though, will the Cardinal move to eradicate the mess?  Both of these priests exercise pastoral ministries at present.  Let us pray that corrective action is undertaken immediately to mitigate any future spiritual damage.

6 comments:

  1. also Monsignor Gerald V. Miller, S.S.M., St. John the Beloved ,and no surprise here. Rev. Joseph M. Palacios, Georgetown University

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite sure that Monsignor Jameson did not authorize his signature on this petition. Whether or not he might agree with it, I do not know but Monsignor is no fool when it comes to the politics of the Church and I can't imagine him signing this petition. The lack of his first name on the signature is another indication to me that someone else submitted his name without his consent. I have never known him to sign his name except as Ronald W Jameson. He would drop the Rev Msgr before he would drop his first name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Msgr Jameson did not authorize this signature, is he taking action to have his name removed? If so, I'd gladly make that known. Otherwise, I'd wonder why he isn't. Were it my name on that thing, I'd take all measures to protect my name and honor. I see no sign of him doing so.

      Delete
  3. my apologies,Gerald V. Miller is old catholic ,and Joseph M. Palacios is now an episcopal priestess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perhaps you should call Monsignor and ask him. I doubt that he is even aware of this petition. You have always been quick to judge without knowing the facts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tip your hand my friend (from New Jersey, I believe?). As I said to you on June 18th with your nitwit comment about stomping all over people's property, you are not a serious commenter. You weren't then, you aren't now. I'll give you a "C-" for effort, though!

      Delete

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.